Wednesday, July 21, 2010

poor-man's sprinkler system

not exactly "arts" nor "crafts." but since i haven't really gotten around to unpacking any of my beading stuff, i've been using all my creative juices thinking, planning, and executing lil' projects that improve my garden.

this is a project i finished in about 12 hours, but spread out in 3 weekends. lotsa time was spent at the irrigation aisle at OSH, examining lil' drippers, sprinklers, tubes, etc.

anyway, i got a 4-port battery-operated digital timer. eventually, when i have a bigger garden, i can set it up for 4 zones. right now, all the garden beds in the backyard is being watered in 2 zones.
the roses are on individual drippers, rather than sprinklers, because i hear that moisture leads to fungus (which i've also worked very hard to save my roses from!).
my backyard now has a bunch of black hoses all over the place. not exactly pretty, but my plants have been sooo happy since i put this in.


i've got the "farm" (where all my edible stuff are planted) on sprinklers.

No comments:

Post a Comment