Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Batik: Part II

 

sooo... the next day, in hot water, rub the fabric to remove the glue and you'll be left with an image that stands out depending on the concentration of paint.

 

I made Tree #2 the correct way afterwards. note: i created the image AND THEN added the paint. Tree #1 was the original tree from Batik: Part I ---- i added color ON TOP of the image after the glue and paint and though you can see some color change, i don't like how it turned out.

these are gifts i'm making for the In-Law's... it's nice b/c I will be able to create an image and K can help with paint. cloth napkins, pillowcase and a framed piece of art are on the agenda.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. very cool. I like the simple art project. Something to keep in mind the next time I've got the nieces around... You may get a phone call from the fabric store! :>)

    ReplyDelete